Thursday, July 17, 2014

My kitchen may explode

Well the eczema cleanse is still going. We gave in Tuesday night and let C have some organic blue corn chips, so we lasted 15 days grain free :/ She didn't have many and quite honestly she seemed to be more into kale chips than the corn chips. I love it!!
Anyhow, the hubby and I will be away from the kids for a little over a week next week, so I am preparing all sorts of food, in order to make it a little easier for the people who will be caring for them while we are gone. On the list today:
pancakes- this is the best recipe ever!! I have had some mixed results regarding texture, but 2/4 times they looked and tasted just like traditional gluten filled pancakes. 
•sweet potato brownies
•breakfast casserole with rutabaga hash browns, eggs and sausage
•chocolate zucchini bread
•gummies
•brown some meat
•pizza pie
•BBQ chicken
•sweet potatoes
•stuffed zucchini

Then I'll make dinner for us to eat tonight, which may end up happening on the grill!

Honest mom moment-- I'm still not convinced that we are making any progress. Just when her skin clears up, we have a flare up. Not sure what could be causing it from a gut level since her diet is so controlled, so I'm considering external factors such as soap, laundry detergent, fabric softener sheets, etc.- all of which we either don't use at home or use chemical free versions. However she did encounter bubble bath, unfamiliar bath soap and unfamiliar detergent and fabric softener at her cousins last weekend.  Not sure that she is that sensitive to detergent, but it could have been the bubble bath. Her skin was a mess at the beginning of the week and we are just getting it dried out now, but it's still very itchy for her. I'm sick of playing this guessing game. I'm ready to throw in the towel--but I won't.  I'm more than willing to make whatever changes are necessary, but I'm sick of being a detective- I just wanna make it better!!!!  Ok, I'm done venting.

If you care to see what I've been cooking, here are a few food pics for you to check out. 
Twice baked butternut squash with sausage from the paleo kitchen cookbook. Very thanksgiving-ish, but nonetheless yummy!!

More kale chips at the request of my children. My husband is now also on the kale chip bandwagon. As a family we can finish the whole cookie sheet in no time flat.

The brinner I made last night. Rutabaga hash browns with chard, bacon, and eggs topped with salsa and some avocado.

I also tried my hand at making beef jerky last night. I don't have a dehydrator so I dried it out in the oven. Took a little over 4 hours, but it is yummy!!
 
 
Chances are you won't hear much from me, until the end of the month.  I won't have much internet access after Saturday.  




No comments:

Post a Comment