Friday, August 1, 2014

End of 30 days

Well I realize it's been two weeks since I last posted.  Zach and I went on a cruise to the Caribbean with some very good friends of ours.  It was an amazing week away and it has been difficult to get back into the swing of things.

When we left, C had been paleo for 3 weeks, so we decided to add grains back into her diet.  After 9 days of grains, we came home to an itchy eczema disaster!!  Not sure if it was the fault of the grains or something else (such as sunscreen, chlorine, detergent, nuts, etc.), but I'm happy to report after five days at home, being strict Paleo and almost nut free (I have been using sunbutter for her) her eczema is nearly all cleared up again.
 
Moving forward from here we plan to keep her gluten, grain and nut free and reintroduce raw dairy to see if that triggers anything.  Once we determine if dairy is a problem, we will try nuts again.  At this point I am not 100% convinced grains are a problem, but when removing them for a week she has improved, so I'm about 98% sure.  Once we determine her triggers, we will be putting all of our energy into gut healing, which may require some extra creativity on my part.

So we made it through 30 days and it really wasn't as difficult as I imagined.  The most difficult part is eating outside of our house, which required a ton of preparation and eyes of a hawk (which I admittedly do not possess).  I also feel like C has become more aware of what she is eating and will ask if she is allowed to eat that or if it will give her boo boos, especially if it is something that is unfamiliar to her. 

I will keep updating this blog with progress on her eczema as well as recipes and other random information that I feel the urge to share.  My friend, Cookingmama and I are considering working together on a few projects, so I'll be sure to keep you in the loop. 

Thanks for following this adventure guys!  I wish I had more miraculous results to share, but unfortunately we will have to continue to investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment