Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Third Day

Today was another day at the babysitters. I have always packed the kids lunch and snacks since we have been pretty strict with gluten free for about a year now. I have gotten into a routine with what I usually pack them (gluten free chicken nuggets, ham with cheese and pickles, peanut butter and jelly on paleo bread, and leftovers) so this week has been a bit rough. The nice thing is the kids only go to daycare once or twice a week in the summer as my work schedule is reduced. I made sure to add se extra veggies today to make up for the fruit overload I packed yesterday. :/
I fed the kids breakfast before we left the house this morning and decided to skip the granola and made them eggs with red peppers and ham. Needless to say, both kids were less than thrilled, but they did eat....eventually! 
The packed lunch for the day included leftover sausage and spinach stuffed sweet potato, green beans, and a pear.
Snacks were Cliff kids fruit ropes, boulder potato chips (cooked in avocado oil), and a banana. Clearly I'm bad at packing snacks and think a snack=carbs...oops!
Dinner tonight was a battle for some reason. Paleo taco salads with chicken, red and yellow peppers, red onion, tomatoes, salsa and guacamole. Followed up with a clementine, half of a coconut yogurt, and part of an apple that was split between the kids. 
We've been doing almond milk at bedte, which is going over like a lead weight. Well maybe I shouldn't say that. C doesn't throw a fit about it, she just doesn't drink it. I think I will try some coconut milk and see if she likes that any better. I'll let ya know how that goes. 
Two days have passed and I still haven't managed to make gummies. I swear they are easy to make, I just found more important things to do, like finally unpack our bags from vacation (we've been home for 5 days now). And tonight after the kids went to bed, my hubby and I sat on the couch and watched Netflix...it was glorious!! 
I'm not working tomorrow, so I'm really hoping I can finally make those much anticipated gummies. 
I did take a few pics today if C's plates. Which makes her feel so special, as she is used to seeing me take pictures of my own plate :) it's obvious by the order of the two pictures below I don't fully know how to do this blog thing yet, but I'll figure it out eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment