Sunday, July 13, 2014

Rough weekend

I'm going to keep this post short because I'm exhausted, but this weekend was rough.  When we left home yesterday we left some of our food at home- fail, C drank her cousin's milk- fail, and then she came running in the house a few hours later with a capri sun (which I'm not 100% sure has gluten, but you just never know) - fail.  I'm not gonna lie, at that point I had a breakdown.  This is not hard at home where so many factors are within my control, but going to other places where I didn't make the food that other people are eating is stressful and I don't want to have to start over on this cleanse.  I feel like I have to watch her like a hawk, which clearly is something at which I am no good.  I mean it's hard to try to explain to people what you are doing when it is so against what the majority of our society believes. 
The positive note for the weekend was that C's skin looked so much better last night after her bath.  Today was another story and I don't know why.  I think that's what is even more frustrating about this whole situation.  I have to wonder how much external factors, such as soaps, detergents, etc. may impact her eczema.  I just don't know how to figure all of this out, but I feel the need to, and I'm going to drive myself crazy doing so.
We did successfully feed the kids a paleo meal including cupcakes and coconut milk ice cream at the party.  C asked one time for a super cute Strawberry Shortcake cake pop, but that was it!  And truth be told, I wanted a cake pop too.  They looked delish!
Tomorrow is a new day and we will start fresh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment