Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Starting Week 2

Today I made some grain free, dairy free no bake cookies for the kids.  They aren't paleo because I used organic peanut butter in theirs since I'm thinking Chloe has the nut sensitivity.  I'd share the recipe if I had one, but I just kind of threw some things together in a double boiler.  Those ingredients included coconut oil, coconut butter, peanut butter, coconut sugar, cocoa, flax, chia, and shredded coconut.  Then I scooped it out onto parchment paper and placed them in the freezer.  I didn't take a picture of the kids because they were funky looking because I used too much coconut oil, but here is a pic of the paleo ones I made using almond butter instead of the peanut butter. 

Chloe seems to be adjusting to this grain free, dairy free diet.  It's been days since she has asked for cheese, and the coconut yogurt seems to be filling her yogurt void.  She really hasn't asked for a granola bar either, which is shocking because I think she would have eaten a 3 granola bars a day 2 weeks ago if I would have let her.  
Guess that's all for today....short and sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment